As a Metering executive you will be expected to support team, leaders and managers as required mainly focusing on day-to-day workloads.
You will be working with Industry processes and will need to be adept at problem solving and building relationships. The role is an opportunity for the someone to challenge themselves and develop skills in the UK energy Industry.
Please note this is hybrid working role with working twice a week in our Worthing office and the rest at home.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Ownership of responsibilities discussed and agreed with manager;
- Handling of metering related queries over the phone and via email;
- Support project work that comes under metering;
- Support the execution of all metering operational processes, ensuring all stakeholder needs are addressed whilst adhering to appropriate regulations and governance from SECAS and Ofgem;
- Learn and obtain technical knowledge across our products and services including, types of meters and connectivity;
- Support data analysis to identify trends or anomalies and their root causes;
- Suggest remedial actions or perform data cleanse as agreed with stakeholders;
- Complete meter related tasks as directed by the manager or senior executive to include but not limited to taking/making phone calls to customers and 3rd parties, sending emails, reviewing and actioning queries, continual learning.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- You should have electricity industry experience or a proven ability to have dealt with technical matters and customer contact;
- You should have experience working in an office environment;
- Worked with computers and can demonstrate a strong level of computer literacy;
- Experience with dealing with customers, other departments and 3rd parties over the phone and in writing;
- The ability to think laterally to solve complex issues and retain technical information.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
Check out all our benefits here
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know.
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Check out all our current open positions