In this new and key senior role, you will be responsible for analysing the fundamental drivers and regulatory frameworks of all classes of Energy Attribute Certificates and Carbon Emissions Reduction Certificates globally. You will work as part of a global team of Traders, Originators and Analysts, covering UK, Europe, Americas, Japan and the APAC region.
Your primary focus will on renewable energy certificates in the Europe, Australia and the North-East US. However, you will also be expected to follow developments in other jurisdictions.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Keeping updated of any Net Zero related regulatory changes than can have an impact on our business;
- Responding to relevant consultations as well as representing our best interests in relevant forums and trade bodies;
- Understand the legislation that is emerging in relation to, but not exclusive to, Global Carbon markets, European Biomethane markets, GHG reporting guidelines;
- Maintaining a repository of materials such as research reports, journals, news stories, competitor information;
- Developing and maintaining a professional network with key industry actors such as regulators, consultants, journalists, NGOs, and other political influencers, etc.
- Playing a major role in our marketing efforts by attending conferences, making presentations, publishing blogs/papers and points of view, and working with the marketing and commercial teams to produce marketing content;
- Conducting analysis to support the Origination and Trading Teams and assist in business origination;
- Assist in strategy development, including identifying and analysing opportunities to expand the product range and geographical footprint of our Global Net Zero business.
What skills/experience do I need to be successful?
- Experience of Gas, Power, Energy Attribute Certificates and / or Carbon Emissions Reduction Certificates analysis gained at a utility, trading house, bank, or similar institution.
- A deep understanding of the regulatory regimes promoting renewable energy and emissions reductions across the world.
- Ability to follow regulatory change and assess its impact on commercial opportunities for SmartestEnergy.
- Extensive experience of analysing market data and trends to develop new commercial strategies.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and 10% non-contributory pension from month three;
Check out all our benefits here
What does hybrid working mean to us?
Hybrid working typically means 2 days in the office location listed on this advert and 3 days working at home each week. Some occasional travel to our other offices may be required.
What happens next?
Once we receive your CV it will be reviewed by a human– no bots here!
The average process once we receive your application takes around 2-3 weeks with typically 2 stages of video interviews using Teams – however this can change depending on the role (we may invite you to see us face to face or just need 1 video interview).
If you need any support you can see who to contact in our Recruitment Team on the advert – any questions please just let us know.
Get to know us better....
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2024 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Check out all our current open positions