In this role your purpose will be to lead and manage a team of I&C Customer Service Executives in delivering excellent billing and customer service to a portfolio of electricity customers.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Manage a team of customer service executives to ensure that high standards of billing and customer service are maintained, and key performance indicators are met;
- Provide leadership, support, motivation, coaching and mentoring to your team;
- Ensure any issues preventing timely and accurate billing are addressed or escalated on a timely basis;
- Monitor billing and debt performance for the customer portfolio and address any issues which prevent delivery of KPIs;
- Monitor billing system issues and raise fault reports and change requests to ensure the system continues to support our Customer and Business Requirements;
- Identify process improvements and best working practices to ensure our processes deliver the best customer experience and are cost effective;
- Attend customer meetings with Account Managers to support from a Customer Service and Billing perspective, both for existing and potential customers;
- Ensure reporting is provided to key stakeholders at specified times in the month.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Demonstratable experience in providing outstanding customer service;
- At least two years energy experience desirable;
- Leadership experience;
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical minded and works well under pressure to achieve tough month end targets;
- Can demonstrate delivery through others to achieve KPI’s;
- Excellent change management skills, ensuring the right changes are implemented based on insight and analysis.
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Check out all our benefits here
Check out all our current open positions