You will provide a range of BAU and ad-hoc management information and analysis across all debt teams to analyse trends and support and manage the day to day and future decisions within the debt team and other areas of the business as a result.
How will I spend my time in this role?
- Produce timely and accurate information for management decision making purposes;
- Liaise with Senior Debt Manager and other key stakeholders across the business on issues of debt data analysis, business process and operational issues;
- Work with managers of the debt teams and other relevant business areas within SEBL to support them in investigating trends and behaviours in business processes and/or customers;
- To manage and support specific projects undertaken by SEBL in relation to Debt Data;
- Produce research that will improve debt ratio to revenue and reduce overall bad det charge for SEBL and improve business practice;
- Produce data for and report to third party partner companies and when required for regulatory purposes;
- Demonstrate excellent team working, by supporting colleagues during busy periods and being able to re-prioritise own workloads where possible to enable deadlines to be met across the wider Debt Teams;
- Provide analysis and monitoring to enable decision making on older debt;
- Ensure all operational processes are adhered to and ‘How To Guides’ are created and followed to avoid errors;
- Identify process improvements and raise suggestions for better ways of working within the Debt Team and Commercial Development Team;
- Any other reasonable activity as required by Management to support Smart Energy’s debt goals and objectives.
What skills/experience do I need to be considered?
- Solid experience of Power BI or similar products;
- Solid understanding of SQL;
- Excellent Excel experience;
- Solid analytical and statistical techniques and background;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to adopt a logical approach to solving issues.
Who are we?
The future of energy is digitised, decarbonised and localised. At Smartest Energy, we need revolutionary thinkers to help our customers make the most of this new landscape, thinking differently to find smart solutions to complex problems.
Formed in 2001, we’re an agile business driven by entrepreneurial thinking. As a subsidiary of the Marubeni Corporation, we also have strong investment and infrastructure behind us. We have three offices in the UK, one in the US and another in Australia. Further expansion is planned for 2022 and beyond which means global career opportunities for you, with plenty of potential to explore new markets.
Flexibility is vital to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, remotely or a mix of remote/office. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
When you join our Team, you will have the opportunity to contribute and make an impact every single day.
What else do we offer?
- The opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for up to 30 days a year;
- A genuine commitment to smarter working – we recognise your work/life balance matters;
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community;
- Excellent benefits package including private medical insurance/dental cover and non-contributory pension from month three;
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to what we do. We value everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive we need diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the countries in which we operate. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow.
Check out all our benefits here
Check out all our current open positions